Dolls from Eegee Doll Company are one of the popular vintage collectibles that most want to include in their doll collection showcase. The company owes its name to its founder EG Goldberger and the company was founded in 1917. The first dolls had the marks “EG” or “E. Goldberger”, but other dolls that were made later bear the marks. Eegee, Goldberger or “TRADEMARK / EEGEE / Dolls / MADE IN USA”. Most were made from materials such as composition, latex, hard plastic, and vinyl.
Here is a list of Eegee dolls that a collector can scour the internet to add to their prized collection:
1) Patsy (1930) – The doll is made up of a head and shoulders while her arms are made up of a complete composition. The 14 inch doll body is made of padded fabric paired with swinging fabric legs. Her hair is styled and painted yellow with a patterned headband on top. She has a pair of painted side eyes, a tiny closed mouth and is marked “GOLDEN DOLL” on her shoulder.
2) Chikie (1930) – The height of the doll ranges from 17 to 19 inches and is made up of the entire articulated body. He has modeled brown hair and sleepy blue eyes or might even be painted for some models. The open-mouthed version of Chikie displays four upper teeth.
3) Susan Stroller (1953 to 1955) – This is a walker type doll with a spinning head and foldable knees. She can measure from 19.5 to 29 inches and may be unmarked or marked with Eegee or EE-GEE. She also features braided hair with curlers, an auctioneer mom, and a pair of sleeping eyes.
4) Miss Babette (1957 to 1965) – This was an 11.5 inch fashion doll that is also a contender for Barbie. She also came with a rare alternative to the black doll and most of her are sporty earrings, swimsuit and high-heeled shoes.
5) My Fair Lady (1958) – The doll was modeled after a character from the film of the same name. This jointed doll measures 20 inches tall and features a distinctive twisted waist.
6) Maskerade Magic (1960) – This is a 12 inch tall doll that has five different interchangeable face masks but her clothes are not removable.
7) Stoneage Baby (1963) – This 14-inch doll wearing an animal print upper and red undergarment is likely a Pebbles of Flintstone contender. It features a plastic articulated body and short rooted hair on a vinyl head with a toy bone tied to accentuate its ponytail. She also has side eyes with painted facial features and pursed smiling lips.
Handcrafted by Artists
MoonPie Reborns® offers a wide variety of unique and exclusive collectible dolls, including many Lifelike Reborn baby dolls, Newborn Toddlers, Sleeping Reborns, Girls Baby Dolls, Boys Silicon Babies, each of which is crafted with great craftsmanship and unrivaled quality.
With a dizzying collection of baby dolls, children’s dolls, smile baby dolls, you’re sure to find a doll that will capture your heart. Get ready to experience beautiful creations, exquisite details and expertly tailored clothing when you shop our unique gallery of collectible reborn baby dolls. Plus, for the little doll lovers in your life, we also have dolls designed for kids that are sure to inspire hours of playful fun. There are so many dolls for you to choose, which will surely warm your heart. Which one will have a forever home with you?
Make With Love
When you meet our reborn baby dolls for the first time, you’ll be amazed at how real they are! Our amazing lifelike silicone dolls are handcrafted from our exclusive authentic silicone, giving each caress a “giving” feeling.
Handcrafted from soft vinyl, our newborn dolls also capture sweet details, from the cute little face to the tiny wrinkles on the fingers and toes that are sure to break hearts. Each treasured bundle of joy will complement your doll collection and come in just the right size and weight to feel so life-like when you hold them in your arms. Offering many darlings to love, including African American dolls, these sweethearts are waiting to be discovered! Don’t wait – buy now!