You don’t realize how great shopping in Glasgow is until you spend a day strolling its streets, if you come from anywhere outside of London you will love what Glasgow has to offer, more shops than anywhere and a lot of good streetwear shops, as many as 3, but still good.
I decided to list my 11 best shops, the ones I would visit when I shop, mention my competition, I hear you say, yes I say that, more people realize Glasgow is the # 1 shopping destination. 1, the better.
1. TK Maxx on Sauchiehall St (top) is where you will find bargains if you are lucky, otherwise you will not find anything interesting, I received a very good pair of Air Max in brown leather for £ 25 18 months ago, only now they are starting to fall apart, but the most comfortable shoes ever. I also have a great case for when I’m on the go, snazzy little thing for a lot of convenience.
2. Next up on Bath Street is the urban legend which is Fat Buddha, Vinyl Toys, Graffiti Supplies, Lifestyle and Clothing from brands like Carhartt, The Hundreds, Kikstyo, Recon, Penfield, Zoo York, Volcom, Nike, Dc’s, Reebok. Voted best shop in Glasgow by an independent jury of my family, but it’s worth a visit just to see the Maisie shop dog.
3. Goodlife is across the street from Fat Buddha and super expensive, but it’s Glasgow’s only high-end streetwear boutique after all, selling Original Fake & Alife, a good mix of brands in such a place. small, but the store has its own following, coming from afar for its brand mix.
Not sure of the exact story, but it looks like Goodlife has closed its doors.
4 In Buchanan st you will find this corporate whore that is Urban Outfitters, during the sales there are great bargains to be had, a real mix of brands here and some household items are not to be smelled, well worth the visit.
If you are American or have visited one of these stores in America, you will be surprised how sparse the British version is compared to the American one, different brand mix, terrible staff and no atmosphere.
5. Further down in Buchanan st you will find Hugo Boss, I love this shop, I still like to visit it for years, great layout and some good products, wonderful clothes and boy do they fit like they should. Glasgow’s first real designer name on Buchanan St, go find him.
I almost got a job as a manager here many many moons ago, but it didn’t have to be, nice shop yet.
6. Just around the corner you will find Aspecto, this kid’s shop, place only for Stussy, and good for Adidas, Carhartt, North Face & Camper, Y3, Evisu and the like. Great shop, looked great at the time so worth a visit.
7. You want sneakers, where else to go other than Size on Union Street, a large shop with a good range of clothing, the best shoe store in Glasgow, unless shoes are rare so the staff go to scream first. This is the place for footwear, the 2 Chris always have a smile for you.
8. Always a sucker for department stores, and House of Frasers always hit the spot, the cookware department is great, Menswear has now moved to the first floor and a lot of money has been spent, now it’s the BEST clothing area to man in Glasgow for a mile, the Paul Smith section is lovely and again the Paul Smith section is lovely, great wallets and saving for the scarf right now. Fraser is worth about an hour of your time, it’s Argyle St.
9. Footlocker, right at Argyle St is where your Jordan craving will be satisfied, a good selection of Nike shoes, especially Air Stabs, a good range of clothes and a separate floor for women make this destination a must-have. to lose. Footlocker is always a must-see place for sneaker enthusiasts.
10. The focus is on Argyle St and Glasgow’s only Nike SB retailer, other brands include Diamond, Supra, Krew, Cliche. Skateboards are Focus’s strong point and serve the Glasgow market well, now they have a good reputation and only visit it for an Obey t / shirt. Good staff and a friendly environment make it a worthy addition to my list.
11. Finally you will walk around the corner from Focus and find Cruise on Ingram St, a legend in Glasgow who still does what he does best, feeding brands to the masses, CP Company, Stone Island, Y3, BBC make a visit essential. Also adorable Shopfit, grab a Paul Smith wallet while you’re there.
So this concludes Glasgow for shopping, top 11 shops, there are hundreds more not on the list, you have St Enoch Shopping Ctr, Buchanan Galleries Shopping Ctr in town, stretch further and you will hit Braehead Shopping Ctr and Silverburn Shopping ctr.
The more you leave Glasgow, the more you appreciate it, so come to eat, shop and have fun.
Updated April 2010
Handcrafted by Artists
MoonPie Reborns® offers a wide variety of unique and exclusive collectible dolls, including many Lifelike Reborn baby dolls, Newborn Toddlers, Sleeping Reborns, Girls Baby Dolls, Boys Silicon Babies, each of which is crafted with great craftsmanship and unrivaled quality.
With a dizzying collection of baby dolls, children’s dolls, smile baby dolls, you’re sure to find a doll that will capture your heart. Get ready to experience beautiful creations, exquisite details and expertly tailored clothing when you shop our unique gallery of collectible reborn baby dolls. Plus, for the little doll lovers in your life, we also have dolls designed for kids that are sure to inspire hours of playful fun. There are so many dolls for you to choose, which will surely warm your heart. Which one will have a forever home with you?
Make With Love
When you meet our reborn baby dolls for the first time, you’ll be amazed at how real they are! Our amazing lifelike silicone dolls are handcrafted from our exclusive authentic silicone, giving each caress a “giving” feeling.
Handcrafted from soft vinyl, our newborn dolls also capture sweet details, from the cute little face to the tiny wrinkles on the fingers and toes that are sure to break hearts. Each treasured bundle of joy will complement your doll collection and come in just the right size and weight to feel so life-like when you hold them in your arms. Offering many darlings to love, including African American dolls, these sweethearts are waiting to be discovered! Don’t wait – buy now!