A Rainbow Tea Party is a celebration of God’s promises to us. Colors are used to symbolize each of these promises. We have many ideas for you in planning your Rainbow Tea Party, as well as supply suggestions to make your tea party a fun and successful event!
First, it is important to understand the meaning of each color:
- RED-The Precious Blood of Christ (the greatest gift)
- BLACK-Sin / death / night
- WHITE-The purity of Christ / the grace of God
- GREEN – new growth – to be reborn as a Christian – renewal
- PURPLE – the royalty of Christ the King; prince of peace
- BLUE-dawn of the new day
- YELLOW-Fear – related to awe of God. It can also represent dawn / reborn
- ORANGE – sunset – closed from one day to the next
If it’s for the kids, there’s also a “Jellybean Prayer” that goes with the colors of the rainbow. The meanings are also Christian, but a little easier for children to understand.
Decorate your table for a Rainbow Tea Party
You don’t need to spend a lot of money to make your table look great. Use these ideas and add your imagination as you brainstorm with your team.
Table cover – grab a few yards of plain colored fabric OR even a plastic tablecloth from the Dollar Store (plastic ones tend to be thin, so buy some and overlap).
- Centerpiece – you want the height and drama here to draw people to your table. Choose a tall vase, a jar, a garden container or a polystyrene cone as a base. This can also be something your team already has at home. Be creative and think outside the box! Most rainbow tea parties select a winner for the best table, so creativity is the key. Fill the containers with natural or silk flowers, even tissue paper flowers or bows tied to the ends of chenille sticks work great. Insert your flowers into a Styrofoam cone or balls stacked from smallest to largest, completely covering. Tall, clear jars can be filled with gummy candies, candies, fruit, etc. in your color. You can also wrap the boxes in solid color gift boxes and stack them to remember the gifts we have received from God (glue them together to keep them from falling out).
- Tulle it is cheap and abundant in a rainbow of colors. Use it to drape swags around your table, tie bows at the four corners, thread baskets of treats, etc. Battery operated lights look heavenly wrapped in tulle – use them to wrap around the bases of your centerpiece or tuck behind the tulle in the front edge of your table.
- Screen your items (especially if you sell items as a fundraiser with the Rainbow Tea Party) with some pizzazz. Colorful plastic bowls, Chinese takeaway gift boxes, and even inverted Frisbees can hold your items. Small plastic bags are available in every imaginable color. Place the plain-colored paper napkins in the baskets with matching bows.
Food and beverages
Fortunately, fruits, veggies, and candy are available in almost any color of the rainbow! Yellow offers lemons, squash, tomatoes, peppers. Purple gives you grapes, eggplant, berries, cabbage. Red is found in strawberries, cherries, tomatoes. Black and blue are the tricky ones, but a drop of food coloring added to a dish and candy can help get the creative juices flowing.
Keep an open mind as you peruse the supermarket produce section when planning your menu. Plus, most grains come in a multitude of color choices that make grain / marshmallow-based treats a breeze. Cupcakes and cookies color easily with sprinkles and icing to match. Check the local craft store for colorful dark chocolate, perfect for dipping pretzels, nuts, fruit, etc. As well as making chocolate pops with a plastic mold.
Handcrafted by Artists
MoonPie Reborns® offers a wide variety of unique and exclusive collectible dolls, including many Lifelike Reborn baby dolls, Newborn Toddlers, Sleeping Reborns, Girls Baby Dolls, Boys Silicon Babies, each of which is crafted with great craftsmanship and unrivaled quality.
With a dizzying collection of baby dolls, children’s dolls, smile baby dolls, you’re sure to find a doll that will capture your heart. Get ready to experience beautiful creations, exquisite details and expertly tailored clothing when you shop our unique gallery of collectible reborn baby dolls. Plus, for the little doll lovers in your life, we also have dolls designed for kids that are sure to inspire hours of playful fun. There are so many dolls for you to choose, which will surely warm your heart. Which one will have a forever home with you?
Make With Love
When you meet our reborn baby dolls for the first time, you’ll be amazed at how real they are! Our amazing lifelike silicone dolls are handcrafted from our exclusive authentic silicone, giving each caress a “giving” feeling.
Handcrafted from soft vinyl, our newborn dolls also capture sweet details, from the cute little face to the tiny wrinkles on the fingers and toes that are sure to break hearts. Each treasured bundle of joy will complement your doll collection and come in just the right size and weight to feel so life-like when you hold them in your arms. Offering many darlings to love, including African American dolls, these sweethearts are waiting to be discovered! Don’t wait – buy now!